Marie-Julie Jahenny, “The Breton Stigmatist”
Marie-Julie of the Crucifix, Virgin of the Cross: Her Holy Mission
After this first period of trials caused by the devil, St. Michael came and returned all the objects Satan had stolen from her, giving her a period of peace until January 1875, after which a new round of torment was to begin. Satan adopted new fearful strategies with his hellish appearances, coming in the form of priest, no doubt to fool her he was an earthly human visitor like many she received, but she spotted the ruse when she noticed the ‘priest’ was missing a cross on his stole. The devil tried to give her a ‘host’ while disguised in this form, but she refused. We can only imagine with horror what he was truly trying to give her, for he would attempt to poison her on other occasions and force her to swallow stomach-turning objects. One time he tried to force her to eat grass, other times he shoved a phial of poisoned blood into her mouth, then clamped it shut. She could only open her mouth after her spiritual director, Fr. David, said the Rite of Exorcism over her. There were times the devil tried to clamp her mouth shut and prevent her receiving Holy Communion from Fr. David, but he would stand there patiently with the Blessed Sacrament before her mouth until the devil was forced to release her. These attacks were not without fruit, for they were additional means of sacrifice she could offer to save souls. However, there were times she could get rid of him by sprinkling holy water.
During the same ecstasy, visitors held a rosary before her, but she refused to kiss or venerate the sacramental as was her custom. The visitor then recalled they had lost the original crucifix to the rosary and had replaced it with another, but didn’t think to have the replacement blessed. The blessing was done immediately and Marie-Julie grew happy, kissing the crucifix and the beads repeatedly before resuming her suffering of the Passion currently underway in that particular ecstasy. Sometimes, she would give surprising information about a holy relic presented to her during an ecstasy that no one had previously known about. One astounding example: without saying a word to her beforehand, a relic was held before her and she immediately confirmed what the owner had only suspected up to then—they truly had a fragment of the lance that opened Our Lord’s side, and furthermore, it still contained a piece of His Heart. Apparently, the relic belonged to the Marquis de La Franquerie, which the family still possesses to this day.
Her predictions continued up until her death in March 4, 1941, her death being the strangest prediction of all considering it did not fall on the promised day. Our Lord promised on December 1, 1876 she would die on a Friday, but she died on a Tuesday. Considering that she revealed so many other events correctly in addition to all the miracles in her life that were not of diabolical origin and occurred with witnesses present, how could she have made a mistake of this calibre? There may be no mistake at all, this promise of dying on a Friday may have been fulfilled in an unlikely manner. In one ecstasy (date?) Marie-Julie was shown a mystic Chalice placed above her head. She made an unusual request asking to take the Chalice with “her in the earth”, i.e. when she was buried. Our Lord answered: “I shall hide My Heart beneath this veil and It will live in your heart. Your heart will beat as before. Your love will never slow down, you will not forget My Name beneath the coffin’s plank; the breath of life from My heart will be transplanted inside the tomb.”
What could this mean? Did Marie-Julie offer to drink the last dregs from the Sacrificial Chalice similar to Our Lord in the Garden of Gethsemane? God may have granted her wish. Considering her last recorded words are dated February 1941, it is not impossible she slipped into a death-like coma on March 4, or that her last ecstasy on earth before her death was so deep it was mistaken as actual death on that date, which has happened before to a number of mystics recorded in the annuls of the Church. Her last penance may have been to remain alive in the coffin and in that manner die on a Friday as promised, the true day of her death completely unknown and hidden from the eyes of her friends and family.
Of course, this theory cannot be proven now, yet accurate prophecies and miracles defying science never cease for a true mystic, many miracles will occur after their deaths to prove the visionary was authentic. She predicted eight months after his death in 1878 that Pius IX “will be elevated one day to a very high sanctity” (canonization?) and his sanctity will save Rome from terrible calamities at that time. Pius IX is already well on the way to official canonisation, Pope John Paul II proclaimed him Venerable on July 6, 1985, then beatified him September 3, 2000. In one of her texts dated September 29, 1878 St. Michael warned the faithful not to put their trust in one political ruler for he will not bring about the promised restoration of the world and the Church for he will be a ‘pillar of mud’, a text that was cryptic until now and may actually refer to President Nicolas Sarkozy of France, which we shall examine in more detail later. She predicted Charlemagne’s informal and disputed canonisation will be formalized by the Church and he will be recognized as a saint, which the faithful have not yet seen occur. She also said Louis XVI would be raised to the altars during the reign of the promised Great Monarch. There is one other astounding prediction made on January 2nd 1885: a year before her sister Angèle died, Our Lord promised Marie-Julie that Angèle would be found incorrupt, therefore, there will be a miraculous discovery for the faithful in the future. He also declared on May 4, 1877 that “To show that you are all of Me, I will protect your body even in the breast of the earth,” words suggesting Marie-Julie will be found incorrupt.
Furthermore, Our Lord’s prophecies concerning Marie-Julie’s heart may be a double revelation, first, for her ‘hidden’ death as mentioned above, and later understood literally as a great miracle for future times—if and when she is exhumed, her heart will be found beating. Our Lord did promise He would perform greater miracles for her than he did for St. Margaret Mary, and this would indeed be a truly noble posthumous miracle for a heart that so completely held the Sacred Heart of Christ that God the Father ordered the angels of the Second Heaven to adore her heart as that of His own Son.
Marie-Julie foretold many future events before her death that may have happened already and have not been not linked to her predictions just yet, plus many that are evidently for future days that we will yet see come to pass. Her future predictions are full of ominous warnings for France, Europe, the Church and the world, which we shall soon address. Although several French websites say the process for her beatification is currently underway, this may be a reference to several devout groups praying for her process to open as there has been no official statement issued anywhere concerning this. We can hope that one day soon the extraordinary life of Marie-Julie will be brought to the attention of the Church and the official process for her beatification and canonization will commence without delay.
Promises to the Devotion to the Wound on Our Lord’s Shoulder
Who was the Marquis de La Franquerie? In 1939, the Marquis became chamberlain to Pope Pius XII, (who visited Marie-Julie while he was yet a cardinal). A monarchist and a staunch defender of the Roman Catholic Church, the Marquis wrote many books, however, only his translated book on Marie-Julie entitled “The Breton Stigmatist” (1977) is well known in the English speaking world. In fact, it is one of the few biographies of her we have in English, and from which this account of her life is based, apart from a few details gleaned from the texts of her ecstasies. He was for a time the editor of the International Journal of Secret Societies and could be described as the ‘Foe of the Freemasons’, attacking that diabolical sect and exposing their conspiracies to infiltrate the Church and the political world. He was first introduced to Marie-Julie by Monsignor Jouin. No doubt, Marie-Julie’s prophecies spurred him on in his effort, for St. Michael in no uncertain terms revealed through Marie-Julie it is the Freemasons who have caused and will continue to cause so much havoc in France, the Church and the world, declaring he would one day smite the Freemasons and drive them out of France according to a text dated September 29, 1978.
- Our Lady warned that the forerunners of the great signs of doom that will strike the earth in addition to the great signs of protections promised to the faithful will be the appearance of a great hatred and vengeance against Holy Mother Church and all pertaining to the Holy Religion. “They (the evil plotters and sinners of the earth) want to destroy the Name of my Divine Son, destroy His power, take away from our dear souls that sacred Name and efface it from the souls of little children.” (Our Lady, November 1,1924). (Children will not be taught devotion to God and Jesus Christ.)
- The Sacred Heart warned another forerunner would be when Christians would have no peace amongst themselves begin to tear each other apart: “When the time to purify the Earth will be close, when minds revolt one against another, when there will be neither peace nor justice in My Christians, not in the world but in My Christians, the hour of My justice will be close. I will purify the earth of all those impure and unjust souls that insult and outrage Me. I will strike down their bodies with a feature of My Justice so precipitate, so fast, that it will be fast as lightning ... then My anger and My Justice. (...) Never has any punishment happened like this which is close, very close. Never has the world been as corrupt, deceitful, deceptive, greedy, ambitious and wicked. (...) I do not want you to open the depth of these infamous crimes. If you knew the infamous correspondences that are under the influence of Satan. They sell My Holy Church, they sell in secret the head of the priest, the sell in secret the poor earth that they subject to a horrible punishment. It has not seen, it did not understand and today it makes a hellish trade that the world has never seen before take place. All is delivered up, everything is sold and plots being hatched, every day, the hunger for human flesh to devour, the thirst for human blood makes all their bodies seethe with unrest and a desire to reach the goal as soon as possible. All this is happening in the room of hell (Chamber of Deputies, Paris France), under the chairmanship of souls sold to the spirit of evil.” (November 12, 1924)
- An interior warning or spiritual intuition will be given, people everywhere will feel that ‘something’ is about to happen. Our Lord said to Marie-Julie: “My children, some time before these sinister signs are seen on the Earth, (i.e. the signs of the chastisements and other warnings) they (everyone) will already feel in the heart the effect of My Justice, it will be that the heart will say ‘the time is not far away’. But the grace of peace is reserved for faithful Christians, those who have not disregarded the warnings of Heaven and will conform their lives (to them).” (That is, those who do as God says and are truly faithful will live to see the great period of peace.)
- France would see the beginning of the chastisements, which would then spread throughout the world, Italy is where the Holy Father will be struck. France in particular would pay for its crime of regicide during the Revolution, attempting to eradicate the royal bloodline favoured by Heaven that according to tradition descends from the House of David. The revolutionaries stirred up by the ideals of the Enlightenment and were infected by the political aims of the Freemasons who championed the ideals of Liberty, Equality, Fraternity through democracy. Marie-Julie declared: “The Blessed Virgin told me we have to pray much to deflect the evils that must fall upon France. It will unfortunately atone for two centuries of political and social system of atheism, two centuries of a non-Christian régime. Democracy is indeed the Luciferian régime par excellence. The sole régime of a divine origin never comes from below, but only from above. Without making a pun, let us say in its very name, recognizes that it is the devil that guides demo-cracy: the devil is the master.” Marie-Julie announced the return of the white flag, the fleur de ly. (That is, the Royal Standard of the Kings of France. The fleur de lys was the royal symbol, the symbol of the Trinity, and also a symbol of purity. Marie-Julie was told numerous times that the absolute monarchy would be miraculously restored.)
- “France will become Muslim, denying the divinity of Christ”~ this small fragment is the only text on the “Friends of Marie-Julie” website concerning the rise of Islam in France, therefore we have to assume it is an authentic prediction. Also, it is very accurate, France has the highest population of Muslims in Europe, practising Muslims are greatly outnumbering practising Catholics in France.
- Paris will be ‘open to foreigners’ and nations of every tongue and be made miserable on account of it. (Prediction about the EU and free travel?) Our Lady (January 5, 1904): “The French people will become very miserable. All the doors have been wide open to all languages, to the foreigners, to all those who wish to enter this cursed Sodom (Paris) where the Justice of my Divine Son is suspended over it.”
- The French military will be removed to the East and Arab lands. – (NOTE: it is unclear if this a warning from Marie-Julie, or an editor’s comment made by the “Friend of Marie Julie” website. Nevertheless, it has been included here.)
- The GREAT chastisements will begin in Paris, Revolution and Apostasy. “In Rome the storm will be the blackest. The storm of Rome is even worse than the storm in France. All the wrath of the ungodly is in Rome. All the anger of the wicked is focused on the Holy See. The chastisements will begin with Paris.” (December 8, 1874)
- In another message we are forewarned there will be signs in the sky before the ‘storm’ breaks over Paris and France: “Twenty-four hours before the burst of this storm so black, Our Lord will give signs in the firmament. Ah! Without the Sacred Heart, we will all perish. All priests who are not good, will be punished.” (December 18, 1874)
- A final hellish attack against the Church: “All (Church) authorities will have to undergo this Passion in their paternal seats. They will have to flee to escape the pursuit, fierce prosecutions. The Church must see its Head (Pope) under vengeful hatred. The temple of God is to be deserted. In the beginning the Lord’s ministers may, despite the threats, obey the laws of their sacred ministry. It will be by force that they will be dragged out of the Temple. Then the order will come to flee quickly. The vengeance of hell will raise to the altars of the most infamous of all men (those possessed). They will take the place of the true servants of the Lord. Everything will be against the Faith and against the holy laws in their sacred ceremonies. The law will oblige parents to leave them pervert their children. These sacrileges will last 44 days. Many Christians will suffer martyrdom. These crimes will be followed closely, (by) the vengeance of the Lord.” (August 10, 1880)
- First, the ‘Temple’ dedicated to the Sacred Heart in Paris will be taken over by an evil government / conspirators. (A prediction concerning the Sacre Coeur basilica in Paris.) The Holy Spirit warned (date?): “That the people of the Centre (Paris) hastened to devote itself to the Sacred Heart elevated above this earth (or land)! This temple, which heard so many prayers will be transformed into a boardroom, (or, council room). This is where the enemies, in part, will decide, at last, to launch the announcement of terror and death throughout the whole of this kingdom.” Our Lord also said: “My Montmartre Sanctuary (i.e. the Sacre Coeur basillica) is already destined to serve as a theatre for the impious and all those involved with human laws.” Also “It would not be long before the place of prayer of Saint Geneviéve would become a theatre for dances and the most infernal crimes...” There is another text that reads (date?): “In the South, in Lyon, there will be infamous performances of the Mass, profanations. In Lyon and other places there will be satanic apparitions, there will be worship of infamous goddesses, false miracles that will deceive many. The bishoprics, monasteries will be looted. The crosses will be broken. Tabernacles desecrated. Religious burials / funerals will be forbidden. The religious sacraments are parodied. Sacrilegious baptisms will be established. There will be many souls that will be possessed and make a loud noise and will make prophecies of happiness (i.e., earthly happiness? Liberty? etc.)... the enemies will trample on the cross. Profanations at Lourdes. They will be furious against the devotion to the Sacred Heart. The cloister of Paray le Monial will be burned. In Paris, the Sanctuary of Montmartre will be the boardroom of drama and the rebels. But the Blessed Virgin will protect Our Lady of Victories (i.e., the shrine in Paris) ... All the miraculous statues of Our Lady resume an almighty mission on the places that she protects and conserves.”
- These hellish conspirators will be at work, sending out seditious writings. Apparently, they will try and cause a revolt, seeding unrest and hatred with workers who are unemployed. Then towns everywhere will be filled with workers who will not be given ‘refuge’ or ‘asylum’, creating more tensions. It will not be long when their numbers will swell, they will grow quickly. The Holy Spirit warns (date?): “Even in the most remote places, all the minions of hell are working, now, at abominable writings. My people will find them everywhere in their path. Many riders (couriers or messengers) call the workers to revolt, because of the lack of work which is their daily bread ... Small towns, as well as large, will soon be lost by groups of workers who have no asylum or refuge. They will spread everywhere, especially the time where they can get enough will not be long in sounding.” (Is this a prophecy of the refugee and illegal immigrant crisis currently overwhelming Europe? We cannot help but make the comparison with our times. Almost 200,000 illegal migrants seeking refuge from African and the Middle East have made it to Europe’s shores in the first half of 2015 alone, and many European citizens are not willing to grant them asylum, considering them a burden on their countries already weakened by the economic crisis of 2007-2008.)
- There will be a cry of despair reaching heaven during a certain June and July, it will be the sign of the war starting. The Civil War shall be started by a conspiracy of a few, who will then “fly away like birds” (air travel?) once the trouble is started, they will leave the citizens of the country to revolt and tear everything apart, (April 12, 1877): “The cries of alarm and despair rise up to Heaven. The month of the Sacred Heart (June) and My Blood (July), it will be the sign of punishment, civil war.” (...) “When the government will see these changes it will be like a bird, it will fly to another country and France will be free in its revolution. It is at that moment when it will flee Paris.”
- The Holy Spirit also said (September 20, 1881): “Dear friends of God, as soon as they (the evil conspirators) are going to have thrown the spark which will produce a so sprawling fire as the land of the kingdom that must be subjected to this terror, they will retreat to shelter from the storm and will leave all the doors of France open; all will be able to penetrate there without a defence (to stop them?) since it is going to be delivered at the mercy of all people, at all those who will want to take the power of the French land.”
- Our Lord had revealed to St. Margaret Mary the terror of the future days, but His words were not disclosed in her time. He reveals this again to Marie-Julie, saying France will only return to Him amidst blood and tears of a civil war (June 15, 1882) “Soon, the era marked out, there will not remain standing, in France, any religious house, not a monastery to escape the tyrants of the epoch. There will be an attitude (or a mindset for) of massacres, from the Centre (Paris) to Lyon, in Lyon to the south and to the shores of Brittany it is still Catholic, (Brittany) but as before. The generation of the faith is everywhere. In these massacres, in the cold months, the earth will become a deluge of blood, as in Noah's time (when) it became a deluge of water. All those who are not in the arch of My Heart will die, as in the time of the flood. (...) Myself, I will choose; I will name the true consoler of My people and the Church: (A Great Monarch) one that will rebuild My temples burned in the violence of a great civil war, although it (the war) will not be long. I can not, call it anything other than civil war, the war in which France will be delivered.”
- June 21, 1874 Our Lord also said: “But before she has this king, (the promised Great Monarch) France will undergo a crisis and a violent storm. The blood of Christians will mingle with the blood of the impious. The just will fall in small numbers, but some will because the blood of the good will help the wicked. But this time will pass quickly. There will be pools of blood. It will last a short time, but to you it will seem long.”
- Our Lord also said the following on October 27, 1876: “The larger part of the punishments will be directed to Paris where there are the most treacherous conspiracies. This is the time when the days become dark. It is a long time since I made you (part of ) this confidence, I will have you recall this as the secret is absolute and necessary. This is where the ministers are the most persecuted. There will be three days of devastation, there will not be any more Sacrifice, any more Masses, we can call it the Holy Quarantine, (or, a Holy ‘Forty Days’, i.e. a Lenten/penitential-like season?), it will be three days of hell. Satan will travel the Earth to turn over the shrines, but he will be rejected, broken and defeated. I will make these confidences (secrets?), I wanted to warn My people so that it is not surprised, that its confidence in Me increases. In these three days, the lights of the heavens will be extinguished and the angels will be dismayed.” — (What does this last message of the Three Days and ‘Forty Days’ mean? Judging from the texts above, there first will be the Civil War started by the conspirators, which will last for Forty Days and will be like a horrific ‘Penitential Season’ of captivity for the faithful who will be persecuted and slaughtered. Then, we will have the dreaded THREE DAYS Of DARKNESS.)
- Paris itself will eventually be destroyed: Our Lady says (August 9, 1881) less than twelve people will survive! What the Civil War does not destroy, a Great 43 day earthquake will. The Holy Spirit warned: “The Center (Paris) and its residences will be crushed by the violence of the thunder of God. The tremors and earthquakes will increase, day and night without ceasing for forty-three days. The sea will be agitated (tsunamis?) and never in all ages, has its waves and its floods taken a similar form. Everyone at that time will perish forever.” (The evil ones. Also, a warning about the THREE DAYS of DARKNESS?)
- The Basilica of Sacre Coeur and the Church of Our Lady of Victories will be the only buildings that will escape the total destruction of Paris.
Henry the Count of Chambord (full name Henri Charles Ferdinand Marie Dieudonné d’Artois, Duke de Bordeaux, Count de Chambord) was born on the feast day of St. Michael September 29, 1820. His birth was declared a miracle by the Royalists for he arrived seven months after his father Charles Ferdinand, Duke of Berry, the youngest son of King Charles X, was brutally knifed to death by a Bonapartist on February 13, 1820. Henry’s father, the Duke of Berry was the last direct male heir to the throne in the Bourbon line and the royalists waited with trepidation, not knowing if a male heir would be born. If not, the direct branch of the heaven-blessed line of the royal house would become permanently extinct. Hope flamed again with the birth of Henry, he was given the name Dieudonné, ‘God-given’ or ‘gift from God’, in recognition of the miracle sent from heaven. He was also called the ‘miracle child’ by his supporters.
Henry lived a quiet life in exile, refusing to press any of his rightful claims to the throne during the first periods of political instability during his exile. A staunch Catholic resistant to all the ideals of the previous democratic Revolutions, it was not until Napoleon III grew hostile to the church with his antipapal policies that Henry decided to act. After Napoleon’s fall, he issued a proclamation on Oct. 9, 1870 inviting all of France to reunite under the Bourbons, and his call was heeded. Events quickly became encouraging for Henry as the royalists gained the majority in the National Assembly. The Orléanists, Legitimists who supported the descendants of Louis Philippe, agreed to support Henry’s claim to the throne with the provision that at his childless death he would be succeeded by their own claimant, Philippe d'Orléans, Comte de Paris. Henry found himself in the favourable position of becoming the supported pretender for both the Legitimists and Orléanists, the prospects of restoring the Bourbon monarchy in France never before looked more promising.
Then, just when the throne was within his reach, Henry made a courageous stand for his Catholic faith and for the true restoration of his throne, proclaiming his famous Declaration of the White Flag on July 5, 1871, announcing he would never abandon the White Standard of the Kings, the emblem of his ancestors, the flag of Henry IV, Francis I and Joan de Arc. He rejected any compromise suggesting that the fleur-de-lys would be only his personal royal standard while the tricolour of the Republic would remain the national flag. In all, his defiant position symbolised a return the Ancient Régime: he would rule as the absolute monarch, not as a sham figurehead held bound by a democratic constitution as was currently presented to him. The white flag of the absolute monarchy was to prevail throughout the land or not at all.
This refusal to bend to a democratic compromise cost him the throne for he lost his supporters, the Republicans quickly assumed power and commenced the Third Republic, a temporary measure to wait for Henry’s death and thereby secure his replacement by the more liberal Comte du Paris as originally agreed. Henry and his family were once again forced to leave the country in exile, he died without issue on August 24, 1883 at his home in Frohsdorf, Austria. He was buried with his grandfather Charles X and the Bourbon exiles in the crypt of the Franciscan Kostanjevica Monastery in Gorizia, which used to be part of Austria. It is now in the Slovenian city of Nova Gorica. Marie-Julie predicted his death March 15, 1882 further stating that the ‘impure colours’, an obvious reference to the Tricolour flag of the Republicans, would rise in triumph and spread across the whole country. She was proven correct: the Third Republic became the permanent government in France upon the Count’s death, for by then the majority of the French people were no longer in favour of restoring the monarchy. Although there are other offshoots and less direct royal claimants, (today the Spanish branch of the Bourbons claims the next direct line through Louis Alphonse, Duke of Anjou), there have been no sincere attempts to restore the French monarchy since that time and the tricolour has remained the national flag. Henry V, the ‘God-given miracle child’ was the last true legitimate Catholic King of France from the French house of Bourbon.
Notwithstanding his death, Marie-Julie’s many predictions continually mention the return of the White Flag of the fleur-de-lys and a golden fleur-de-lys crown, that the King to Come—the one called the ‘miracle child’ and ‘miracle king’—would one day come out of exile in the midst of wars and trample down his enemies, bearing a great banner of the Sacred Heart. After the deliverance of France, he would fly to the aid of the Pope in Rome and restore Christendom. The strange part is, these details concern the days of the future chastisements, yet, she mentions these details while the Count was still alive, confirming him as the promised Great Monarch, and continued to make the same prophecies after his death in August 24,1883 along with the similar descriptions of the chastisements of the future. The most curious revelation we find is St. Michael’s message dated September 29, 1890, several years after the Count’s death:
Marie-Julie Jahenny, pray for us!